Can I guarantee a spot for all the participants from my church?
Each project is open on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can add additional registrants as long as there is room available in the project. Remember any spots still reserved after the deposit deadline will be charged the deposit amount of $60.
What are the ages for the projects?
Can I use a World Changers project as an outreach tool to involve un-churched youth or adults in my ministry?
- College Students: Are welcome at all projects. In fact we LOVE college students!
- All Youth Projects: Completed the sixth grade and older. Group Leaders are strongly encouraged to bring only sixth grade students who have already been a part of their youth ministry. World Changers should not be the first youth trip in which a sixth grader participates. Those completing the fifth grade are not old enough to attend a World Changers project.
Our approach involves helping participants grow in the gospel and develop mission-minded lifestyles. A work project not only requires participants to come ready to work hard and sleep on the floor, but also to share the gospel authentically. We leave it at the Group Leader's discretion as to what students are ready for World Changers. You know them the best!
How many adults should we bring?
Each church group is required to bring one adult for every five youth (under the age of 18) participants of the same gender. Adults must be 21 years of age or older and must reside in the same room as their youth, assist with activities, and work alongside youth on a work crew. Adults are not allowed to bring children who are ineligible because of grade level to participate in the project. No private sleeping arrangements or other arrangements are available for sponsors with children or for couples.
What is the best way to travel to a project?
Many groups use church-provided or rented vehicles. Vans are ideal since World Changers works with each group to use their vehicles at the projects to help transport crews. At the project, you will be requested to remove or not use the back seat because of safety issues. The maximum number per van when transporting crews is 11, including the driver.
What about large/charter buses?
If you bring a large bus to a project, we require it be available each day for the project. Please keep in mind that the driver is required to stay on the project site and is not allowed to leave. In the event of an emergency the bus may be needed.
What is the dress code for World Changers?
All participants are to dress according to the World Changers dress code. A copy of the dress code is located in the online Group Leader Manual.
What will accommodations be like?
Lodging facilities are often high school campuses where participants usually sleep on the floor, eat in the cafeteria, and worship in the auditorium. Shower facilities are used here or are provided by portable shower units. World Changers also lodges in several churches. All participants are required to bring their own bedding i.e. an air mattress or cot and lines.
Will my whole youth group work together on a crew?
Normally World Changers will mix and match with youth from other churches to form a work crew. We will place at least two participants from a church group together on a crew. If a church group wishes to serve together on a crew we can do our best to accommodate that church group. We just need to know that.
Do you have a list of important deadlines I need to know?
Where can I find out about International World Changers projects?
- June 1: Registration begins for the following year's projects. Groups may register without a deposit until January 15th
- December 1 (Puerto Rico Project Only): A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person registered for a Puerto Rico project is due on or before December 1st.
- January 15: An initial non-refundable deposit of $60.00 per person registered is due on or before January 15th.
- All registrations after the deposit deadline require the non-refundable deposit to secure a spot. No deposits will be refunded or transferred to final balance after that date.
- March 1 Cancellation Deadline (Puerto Rico Project Only): All cancellations made after March 1st for Puerto Rico registrants will incur an additional $100.00 fee for each person dropped. Totaling $200 ($100 Puerto Rico deposit plus $100 cancellation fee.) When cancellations occur deposits cannot be applied toward balance due.
- May 1 Cancellation Deadline: All cancellations made after May 1st will incur an additional $60.00 fee for each person dropped. Totaling $120 ($60 deposit plus $60 cancellation fee.) When cancellations occur deposits cannot be applied toward balance due.
- Final Balances: Are due two weeks before your project starts. Delinquency in payment may cause your group to be placed on a waiting list or dropped from the project and will initiate a $75 late fee.
For international mission trip options for students we recommend Access International. Access is in partnership with the International Mission Board and International World Changers. The website with a full schedule is www.accessthenations.com
If the World Changers location I wanted to attend is already booked to capacity, how can I get on a waiting list?
Please contact us at 1-800-254-2022, M-F 8:00-5:00 CT. We will be happy to place your group on our waiting list. As spots open or if no spots will be available at that specific location, we will contact you. While we will do our best to get you into the event you want, we recommend you consider a registering for a second location in case room doesn't open up for your first choice.